On May 30, 2020 Providence Mayor Jorge O. Elorza announced changes to COVID19 restrictions in Providence, via an executive order. Per the order, beginning Monday, June 1, 2020 Roger Williams Park is open with the following restrictions:
- Parking is allowed in the park in designated parking spaces,
- Swan Boats and other boat rentals are open,
- Tennis is allowed via Providence Tennis, and
- Roger Williams Park Zoo is open with restricted capacity.
Please note that the following restrictions are still in place until further notice by Mayor Elorza and the Parks Department:
- Maple Avenue remains closed to vehicles, which means access to the Cundiff Lake boat launch remains closed to vehicles,
- The Carousel Village, including the Hasbro Playground remain closed, and
- The Museum of Natural History and the Botanical Center remain closed.
Remember to stay six-feet apart from others and cover your mouth and nose.
Stay tuned to this blog, to the Roger Williams Park Conservancy social media, and email lists for regular updates. Please comment, post, call, or email us with any questions and we will reply as soon as we can. Enjoy!