Thanks to everyone who joined us at our last community meeting! Since its inception, the Roger Williams Park Conservancy holds quarterly meetings for neighbors and users of the Park to hear the latest updates, ask questions, and provide input on capital improvements and programming in the Park. These events are informal gatherings and not official business meetings of the City or Conservancy.
Topics discussed at our last meeting:
• Recap of summer programming in RWP: Movies, RWP Pops, Pump Track, Solar Eclipse viewing, etc.
• Roger Williams Park Conservancy seeking Executive Director
• Fall Tour Series
• New and improved www.rwpconservancy.org website
• Upcoming holiday tree lighting
• Volunteer opportunities
• Water quality issues and storm water management plans in Roger Williams Park
• Capital improvements starting soon at the Boathouse, Betsey Williams Cottage, Temple to Music, Casino, and Japanese Garden
• New and improved picnic area located between Maple and Pine Hill Ave
• Overpopulation and feeding of RWP geese
• New trail system
• Sidewalks and overgrown plants on Park land
Please feel free to contact us if you have specific questions pertaining to any of these items at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us at our next community meeting on December 14 at 6:00 p.m. at the Boathouse!