In partnership with Eat Play Learn PVD Roger Williams Park Conservancy is seeking two youth or young adults (ages 14-24) to work part-time in the park as Program Assistants. Applicants must live in Providence. Bi-lingual applicants preferred.
Applicants: click here to apply to the Conservancy directly via email with your contact information and with a couple of sentences about why this position interests you. The email is not a guarantee of employment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Description: Roger Williams Park Conservancy Program Assistant
Roger Williams Park Conservancy is seeking two seasonal Program Assistants to support arts and culture, health, and nature programs in Roger Williams Park. The Program Assistants help to staff events, help with logistics, manage some promotions, and generally help Conservancy and Providence Parks Department staff host great events in Roger Williams Park. The positions run from July 1 to August 27, is 20 hours per week, and pay $15 per hour. The positions will be City of Providence Recreation Department employees. The Program Assistants work as a pair to support the Roger Williams Park Conservancy’s Program Manager.
The Program Assistants will be reliable, friendly, flexible, organized, and team players. The Program Assistants will enjoy music, arts, fitness, and/or nature and the outdoors. A love of Roger Williams Park is preferred! The position will require occasionally working outdoors and in the elements (heat, rain, wind). Sometimes, it will be helpful to speak Spanish. Each day will bring new challenges, responsibilities, and travels around the park and local neighborhoods.
About Roger Williams Park Conservancy
Roger Williams Park Conservancy is a small but growing, fast-paced nonprofit organization whose mission is to sustain and enhance Roger Williams Park as a vibrant public space for all. Our vision is that Roger Williams Park transforms lives by being a personal oasis, a neighborhood park, and a community treasure for Rhode Island and beyond. We strive to be collaborative, inclusive, steadfast, visionary, adaptive, transparent, and dignified. We work with the City of Providence Parks Department to steward Roger Williams Park, offer community programs, raise resources, coordinate marketing efforts, and plan for the long-term sustainability of the Park and its enjoyment by the community.
The Program Assistants are responsible for the following:
- Helping set up for events, including concerts, fitness classes, fundraisers, and walks, often on evenings or weekends.
- Talking with attendees, partners, and performers, instructors, and walk leaders, including registration, answering questions, collecting emails, etc.,
- Planning for and supporting promotions, and
- Helping Parks Department staff manage visitor experiences at new Roger Williams Park visitor center, Botanical Center, Museum of Natural History and elsewhere.
We’re seeking candidates who love Roger Williams Park, who enjoy doing something different every day, are reliable, and have good communications skills. We also love to hire people who can speak Spanish. You should have:
- Experience with events of any kind (school performances, church fundraisers, athletic events, etc),
- A valid Rhode Island driver’s license or the ability to get to various locations in the park (by car, bike, bus, or walking),
- Flexible hours including some weekends, and
- Ability to work remotely.