The Providence Parks Department have been hard at work updating and beautifying RWP over the past few months! Check out the list below of recent Park renovations, funded in part by the Rhode Island Foundation’s $10 million campaign for Roger Williams Park.
- Bandstand restoration work funded by the Champlin Foundations will be completed in November
- Paving for Phase I of the roadwork project is complete
- Stormwater retrofit and repairs at the Lover’s Retreat covered bridge
- New and improved landscaping outside the Casino
- Extensive landscaping at the Rose Garden
- New landscaping at the Elmwood Ave and Broad Street entrances
- New walking path along Polo Lake
- New Park benches installed in various locations around the Park
- Lighting Upgrades throughout the Park.
- Installation of an off-road biking area: single and pump tracks
- Work has begun to clear the Temple to Music walking path
- Phase I of the Natural History Museum repairs and renovations funded by the Champlin Foundations are complete, Phase II is underway and is expected to be completed by mid November
- 50 trees planted and over 100 trees pruned throughout the Park
Join us at our next RWP Community Meeting on December 13 at 6 p.m. to hear more about plans for more improvements in Roger Williams Park.