Constructed of Vermont marble in 1924, the classical design was chosen to illustrate the parallel origins of music and architecture, in accordance with the wishes of its donor William Curtis Benedict, a prominent local olive oil merchant.
Built in 1896, the Colonial Revival structure replaced the What Cheer Café owned by the Union Railroad Company. Today, the Casino is a popular venue to rent for private events such as weddings, fundraisers, and dances.
Constructed in 1896, the Queen Anne style boathouse was a launching pad for boats and warming station for ice skaters. Today it hosts the Parks Department and Conservancy offices.
In 1901, Providence allocated funding for musical performances and the construction of a bandstand. The Bandstand was replaced and moved to its current location in 1915.
Originally a shelter for the Zoo’s sea lions, the Seal House was constructed in 1938, along with a monkey house and an elephant house, as part of a Works Progress Administration project. Today it serves as a popular fishing spot in the Park.
The covered bridge located next to the Casino is a popular destination for couples. Not only is it a great photo backdrop, Lovers’ Retreat is also retrofitted to protect Roosevelt Lake from stormwater.